Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I had been warned about this on various NBA/Lebanese themed message boards, but last night while creating a 5 year story arc for this website I locked eyes with a photo of Rony Seikaly and things got a little wild. As I broke from the intensity of our virtual meeting of the minds I looked over my shoulder and noticed that my friend Drew had burst into flames and there was a calico colored cat perched on the scanner. I don't own a cat and when I returned my attention to the screen all of the submitted images looked like the trippy mind fuck displayed above. I managed to get a screen shot before the temporal psycalee zone faded.

I've spent a good chunk of this morning contemplating the meaning of this image and I'm still not sure that I fully understand what was meant to be conveyed to me. However, what I find most disturbing is the referee seated at the bottom left of the image. In this alternate reality it appears that referees, societal pilars of structure, are left red faced and toppled as order receeds into a jungle of chaos. At this thought I shudder and thank the heavens that I have been returned to the world that I know and cherish without reservation. I can only pray that Steve Javie does not regularly check this page.



No comments: